Here’s a review of what for me was one of the best years I’ve had since college.
Travel in 2012
- Paris, France
- Aberdeen, Scotland
- Copenhagen, Denmark
- Mallaig (Harry Potter Train)
- London (Olympics), UK
- Dubai, UAE
- Boston, USA
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Campbeltown, Scotland
It’s really hard to choose which trip was the best for this year, but I’d probably give the nod to Paris, followed closely by Copenhagen. I also had an amazing business trip to Beirut, which is an incredible place.
Best Books I Read
- Brave Dragons: A Chinese Basketball Team, an American Coach, and Two Cultures Clashing
- Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World
- And the Land Lay Still by James Robertson
- Peopleware (read this for probably the 10th time)
Highlights of the Year
- Attending the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Spending Thanksgiving in a 19th centre Scottish estate
- Watching our fantastic team double Administrate’s revenue in 6 months
- Having friends and family visit
- Meeting Scotland’s First Minister, Alex Salmond
- Traveling to Beirut to meet with our fantastic partner and customer headquartered there.
- Watching the Olympics on TV and in person
- NC State’s Sweet 16 run in the NCAA Tournament
Plans for 2013
- Riding 81 miles in the Scottish Highlands to raise money for terminal cancer patients and cancer research.
- Read at least two books a month
- Enjoying Administrate’s new offices in the Edinburgh Tech Cube
- Fringe Festival 2013
- More visitors!
- More travel!