Some thoughts on the way over:
- US Airways website is S-L-O-W. Nice, but man, it’s slow.
- Their inflight entertainment system, in a word, sucks. It runs Windows too – I got to stare at a blue screen of death for roughly 4 hours, after they shut down and rebooted the entire system three times.
Some thoughts from our time so far:
- The weak dollar sucks. It was like a hundred bucks to take the nice train from Gatwick to Victoria station.
- London still has phone booths, everywhere. It’s really odd seeing them, as I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen one in the US
- Sara doesn’t do very well with jetlag. Especially when she has a cold.
- I don’t do very well in the cold.
- In England, bacon is “streaky bacon”. Bacon in England is like ham or something. I liked it, Sara says “gross”.
- If you ask what black pudding is, they’ll tell you, and then they’ll give you a free sample, which you then have to try. I’ve had worse.
- Harrods is nuts – total pandemonium.
- Don’t let your Original Bus Tour pass expire at the end of a day when you’re cold, it’s dark, and you’re trying to get somewhere.
- My feet are killing me.